If you have a teenage or adolescent son with substance use disorders, it’s essential to find the best facility for his needs. Often, that means considering substance abuse treatment away from home. Foothills at Red Oak Recovery is a treatment center near Marietta, North Carolina, that focuses exclusively on residential drug rehab for boys in their adolescent or teen years. We are uniquely qualified to help your son find his way back to a productive and happy life without drugs and alcohol. Please contact Foothills at Red Oak today at 866.300.5275 to learn more about our adolescent treatment center.
Why You Should Consider Treatment Away from Home
Some people thrive at a residential drug rehab far from the distractions of friends and family. For teenagers who value their privacy, traveling for adolescent treatment programs can provide a respite from gossip. Foothills at Red Oak Recovery welcomes boys in their adolescent and teen years from North Carolina, surrounding states, or across the country.
Families often choose a teen drug rehab center in another state for the following reasons:
- Fewer distractions: Supportive family members and friends may mean well, but young men struggling to overcome drug and alcohol dependency sometimes prefer to leave everything behind. This allows them to focus on getting well and learning how to cope with triggers and temptations that can lower them back into bad habits.
- A fresh start: Eventually, teens have to come home, return to school, and reintegrate into the community. However, some teens in recovery benefit from residential treatment that allows them to put poor choices and past problems behind them during their recovery.
- A relaxing setting: Our residential drug rehab center near Marietta, North Carolina, provides a comfortable environment for kids in alcohol and drug treatment programs. Along with getting away from distractions and temptations at home, clients can take advantage of our beautiful campus. We offer equine therapy, animal caretaking, and other activities that help clients develop new interests.
There are also three distinct advantages of attending drug rehab away from home.
1. Customized Treatment Options
Foothills at Red Oak Recovery has programs tailored for adolescent and teen boys suffering from alcohol and substance use disorders. We offer therapy to address co-occurring issues, such as anxiety and depression, that contribute to addiction. From dual diagnosis to providing academic support, we offer a truly unique residential drug rehab program near Marietta, NC.
2. Distance from Distractions and Gossip
Young boys can benefit from a little distance when it comes to distractions and gossip back home. Although friends and family members mean the best, traveling for residential drug rehab can help your loved one concentrate on their recovery. Disassociation with the people and places that remind him of past bad decisions allows your loved one to concentrate on the underlying causes of their substance abuse.
It’s also easier for families to protect their privacy by using a substance abuse treatment program that’s hundreds of miles away or more. Additionally, it’s harder for adolescents and teens to give up when they are in a facility far from home.
3. Better Quality
Families come from near and far away to take advantage of the high-quality programs available at Foothills at Red Oak Recovery. You may have a hard time finding qualified residential drug rehab programs close to home. Fortunately, you can send your son to find his way back to sobriety and drug-free living at our facility.
Our gender-specific programs for boys and young men include the following:
- Individual therapy
- Psychological testing
- Group therapy
- Continued education
- Family therapy
- Experiential therapy
- Equine therapy
The enrollment staff at Foothills at Red Oak Recovery can answer any questions you have about our programs. We can also help you get started on enrolling your son.
Contact Foothills at Red Oak Today
Many families take advantage of teen drug rehab facilities far from their hometowns. We offer individualized treatment plans for all clients and focus solely on substance use and mental health disorders in adolescents. Contact us at 866.300.5275 today to find out how our caring staff can help your family recover from substance use disorders.